MAYAs

WHO?

MAYAs formed as a group in July of 2007. MAYAs is comprised of Young Adults from congregations in the Greater Pacific Northwest Mission Center. Members of MAYAs live in Seattle, Portland, Salem, Vancouver, Eugene, and Tigard.

WHAT?

Metro Area Young Adults is a ministry within the Community of Christ. We strive to embody the church mission to proclaim Jesus Christ and promote communities of hope, love, joy, and peace. All are welcome to laugh, learn, share, fellowship, and worship.



Thursday, October 4, 2007

Prayer List 10.4-10.10

Please keep the following people in your prayers:

1.Naomi Soper: On Friday, we received word that Naomi Soper woke up blind in one eye. As the day progressed, there was some light getting through and they spent the good part of the day trying to find out what is happening. This they know: her retina and vessels are healthy. There is significant pressure being exerted on her optic nerve; cause unknown. She will go to the university medical center to see the neuro-ophthalmologist and have a specialized MRI. Joy Farquhar, Naomi’s mother, informed me that the likelihood of a tumor is slim since this was a sudden onset, but the likelihood of multiple sclerosis or damage from meds is much greater. She says they are hoping for idiopathic (unknown cause) optic neuritis, since that might be gone in a month. But whatever the cause, she needs our prayers.

2.From Rebecca Redel: I just got an email from my parents today and my dog is in the hospital. IV and everything. I cried. He's such a great dog and I miss him so much! Please send out a prayer that he gets well and quickly.

3. Metro Area Young Adult Group

4. Mission Center Conference

Weekly Scriptures:

"The Lord gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increases thier strength." Isaiah 40: 29

"Fear not; for I am with you; be not dismayed;fo I am your God; I will strengthen you; and I will help you; I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

0 comments: